Drainage District Engineering
CI provides complete engineering services for the various types of districts located in the Houston area whose sole purpose is to provide drainage and flood protection for its residents. This type of district is usually a Levee Improvement District (LID) or a drainage district created within a county, generally along watershed divides. We have extensive experience in feasibility studies, alternative analyses, district creation, permitting, detailed design, and construction phase services for these districts.
CI assists the District’s management team of operator’s, attorney’s, and financial and tax consultants in the operation of the District.
As District Engineer, CI provides the following technical support to the District:
- Design of drainage/flood control improvements
- Reviewing submitted plats and drainage plans
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of internal District facilities
- Assisting in the administration of the District’s NFIP program
- Development of necessary operation and maintenance plans
CI currently serves as District Engineer, responsible for the technical support on all drainage related activities within the district, for six districts in the Houston metropolitan area.
- Galveston County Drainage District No. 2 (GCDD#2)
- First Colony Levee Improvement District
- Fort Bend County LIDs 2, 6, 7, 15, and 19
CI Principals have served as District Engineer for three of these Districts since their inception and Mr. Costello has worked for GCDD#2 for over 30 years. This longevity of service speaks to the excellence of the services provided.